Making A Difference
Outpatient Clinical Therapist
Are you committed to providing high quality mental health care to your patients? Do you view your profession as a calling? Have you ever thought about developing a private practice, but don't want to handle all of the administrative paperwork? Are you looking for an opportunity to earn extra income? Would you like to decide the number of patients that you see in a week? Are you self-motivated and want to be compensated based on your hard work? Charis Counseling Services may be the place for you!
We are seeking a mental health therapist to provide outpatient individual, family, and/or group therapy to patients of Charis Counseling Services of Northeast Michigan. Clinical therapy services may include the treatment of adults, adolescents, children, couples, and/or families. Specific populations treated will depend on the therapist's niche. Treatment specialties may include: couples, post-divorce, coparenting, Christian Counseling, substance dependence, EMDR, family, etc.
Reports to: Practice Director and/or Clinical Director.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
Master’s Degree or Doctoral Degree in counseling, psychology, marriage and family therapy, or social work; and
Active unrestricted license (LPC, LP, LMSW, or LMFT) in the State of Michigan. A copy must be provided to Charis.
Available to hold between 10 and 25 patient sessions per week.
Able to be credentialed as an in-network provider on at least one Charis Counseling Services affiliated insurance panel.
Other Qualification Preferences:
Prior experience in a private practice setting.
At least two years’ post-master's experience.
Have at least one niche market for counseling services (i.e., Christian Counseling, post divorce, children, teens, substance dependence, anxiety, grief, anger management, etc.).
Current approval as an in-network provider with BCBS and Priority Health preferred.
Work hours and schedule may vary depending on therapist and Charis Counseling Services patient needs. Hours may include one night per week until 7pm, or a Saturday morning.
Therapist is not guaranteed a minimum number of patients or sessions per week. However, it is expected that therapist will be available to hold at least 10, 18 or 24 patient sessions per week depending on the therapist's interests. Patient sessions are held in the offices of Charis Counseling Services of Northeast Michigan.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform on-site clinical counseling services to patients of Charis Counseling Services, as scheduled, and in accordance with company policies.
2. Regular and reliable attendance and timely arrival to work is required.
3. Be properly licensed and abide by all laws, rules, regulations, and codes of ethics that are binding upon or applicable to the services performed for Charis Counseling Services of Northeast Michigan
4. Respond to patients’ requests for service or calls within 48 hours whether such requests are made in person, by phone, voicemail, etc. or through the Charis Counseling Services website. Respond to such requests by meeting, evaluating, and providing outpatient psychotherapy services to such patients.
5. Communicate with a patient’s treatment team (i.e., PCP, psychiatrist, school, etc.) as necessary.
6. Timely complete written records for each patient including, but not limited to: intake notes, progress notes, treatment plans, termination notes, contract notes, and other forms or documents which may be needed or required from time-to-time by Charis Counseling Services or third parties in conjunction with the treatment of the patient within a timely fashion (as indicated in Charis Operations Manual). Keep patient files accurate and up to date.
7. Charge and collect payments from patients for services provided consistent with the policy and rate for such services as established by Charis Counseling Services when clerical support is unavailable.
8. Attend mandatory staff meetings and training as directed by Charis Counseling Services.
9. Conduct and regulate counseling services in a professional manner so as to maintain and increase the good will and reputation of Charis Counseling Services. Be respectful of and cooperative and collaborative with co-workers.
10. Other duties which may be assigned by Charis Counseling Services.
Compensation and Benefits: Compensation is based on the number of patients seen per week as well as revenue generated. Monthly bonuses are dependent on the number of patients seen within the four week bonus period. Clinicians are employee status. Matching 401k and 3 paid holidays are available for those who see at least 18 patients per week.
Please send an introduction as well as a resume via email.